1. Deposit policy
In order to assure the good and complete fulfilment of his/her obligations under this agreement, the LESSEE is obliged to pay a deposit to the OWNER. The deposit will be refunded by bank transfer to the LESSEE after check-out, but only if the LESSEE has completely fulfilled his/her obligations under this agreement, if there are no damages being made to the property, if the house rules have been respected and the property is left behind in the same conditions as upon arrival. The deposit will be refunded as soon as possible but it can take as long as a maximum of 30 days after check-out, because we have to wait for the energy bills of the last month.
Reasons for non-refund of the deposit
The deposit will not be refunded (partly of completely) in the following cases:
- If the LESSEE does not leave the apartment clean on check-out. The LESSEE is not obliged to wash the bedsheets and the towels (for some properties a 1-time linen fee is charged to cover this cost), but he is obliged to clean the apartment before he leaves: The dishes need to be washed. It is not allowed to leave the dishwasher with dirty dishes. The trash needs to be removed from the apartment. The fridge needs to be emptied. In case the apartment is left behind dirty a cleaning fee can be charged. The cleaning fee amount will be decided by the legal owner of the apartment (minimum 75€ and maximum 1 month’s rent), and communicated to the LESSEE by OWNER (Global Expatriate Services SL).
- If the LESSEE causes damages to the property. Accidents can happen, but the LESSEE is obliged to cover the damages that he causes. (Unremovable stains on bedlinen and furniture, broken furniture of kitchen equipment, etc….). The value of the damage will be decided by the legal owner of the apartment, and communicated to the LESSEE by OWNER (Global Expatriate Services SL).
- If the LESSEE does not respect the House Rules. In case one of the house rules are not respected, this will be considered as a serious LESSEE error, which entitles the OWNER to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the LESSEE is obliged to pay to the OWNER an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error (in addition to other eventual costs for indemnification of damages that would be caused to the property by the LESSEE).
- If the LESSEE has consumed more energy than included in the rental price.
- In case of payment problems. If the LESSEE’s payments were subject to a commission of paypal or any other financial institution, and GLOBEXS did not receive the full amount. Or if during the stay there was a penalty for a late payment.
Administration cost for deposit report
In case (a part of) the deposit cannot be refunded, a deposit report will be drafted by GLOBEXS to explain and proving the reason for the non-refund. In this case, also an administration cost of between 50€ – 250€ will be charged to the LESSEE.
Monthly rent payments
Payments must be made by direct bank transfer to:
|IBAN (Account number)||ES7100190553264010023525|
|BIC / SWIFT CODE||DEUTESBBXXX|
|Bank Address||Avenida Aragon 24, 46021 Valencia, Spain,|
The holder of the account is GLOBEXS, who is legally legitimized by the OWNER to receive and collect the rent, the deposit and extra expenses.
A late payment is subject to a one-time 5% increase of the rent and will be paid no longer than 15 days after the due date. In case one of the payment terms are not respected, this will be considered as a serious LESSEE error, which entitles the OWNER to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the LESSEE is obliged to pay to the OWNER an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error.
Payments excessive energy consumption
Energy costs are included up to the limit stated in the particular conditions of this contract. If the energy costs exceed the agreed amount, the OWNER will justify the excess with the invoices or proof of charges on his bank account, and a receipt to the LESSEE for the exceeded amount will be issued. This amount needs to be paid upon presentation to the LESSEE. This amount will be requested to be added to the next monthly rental or deducted from the deposit (in case of excess during the last month). Only when both parties specifically agree, this amount will be deducted from the deposit.
The excessive energy consumption will be charged to the LESSEE monthly or quarterly. This payment term will be decided by the OWNER. In case one of the payment terms are not respected, this will be considered as a serious LESSEE error, which entitles the OWNER to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the LESSEE is obliged to pay to the OWNER an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error.
3. Termination of the contract
The agreement ends on the date mentioned on the particular conditions, at 11.30 a.m. without notice. Automatic renewal of the agreement cannot be invoked. The LESSEE must completely vacate the property of his/her personal belongings at that time. The keys must be returned to the OWNER at the end of the rental period, unless otherwise agreed. If the parties do not make arrangements to hand over the keys in person for a receipt, then the LESSEE will return the keys by registered post to the OWNER.
4. Termination of the contract
Cancellations before arrival
The LESSEE has the right to cancel the booking with 2 months written notice without penalty. If however, the notice is less than 2 months but more than 1 month in advance, the LESSEE must pay a penalty of half a month’s rent. With a notice less than 1 month in advance, the LESSEE must pay a penalty of a full month’s rent. In case the booking was subject to an agency fee, the agency fee will not be returned under no circumstances.
In case the travel plans change, the LESSEE has the right to delay the entry date by 1 week without penalty, with a 1 month written notice. During these 2 weeks the apartment will be blocked for the LESSEE.
Cancellations during the stay
The LESSEE has the right to cancel the rental agreement with 2 months written notice without penalty. However, if the notice is less than 2 months but more than 1 month in advance, the LESSEE must pay a penalty of half a month’s rent. With a notice less than 1 month in advance, the LESSEE must pay a penalty of a full month’s rent.
Cancellation of the OWNER before arrival or during the stay
The OWNER has the right to cancel the rental agreement at any given moment with 1 month’s written notice without penalty.
As a general rule, contract extensions are not allowed and a new rental agreement must be signed. If a LESSEE wants to make an extension of the contract, he needs to give a written notice at least 2 weeks before the end of the contract. The extension will not be automatically approved or implied, but needs to be confirmed in writing by the OWNER. An extension will be subject to an administration fee of 100€, and/or a new agency fee.
6. House rules
The following house rules apply to the rented property:
- The LESSEE must be aware that the property is a genuine residence surrounded by neighbours and the rules of the Homeowner’s Association have to be respected. The working norms of the proprietor’s committee for the building, in which the accommodation is located, are to be respected, as well as the proper use of the common elements and fittings of the building. Annoying, unhealthy, harmful, risky, illegal activities are forbidden. The LESSEE may not disturb the peace and dwelling in the building and must refrain from activities that may disturb the peace of residents or neighbours.
- The LESSEE must respect the neighbours by keeping noise levels down, not just in the rented property but also in the stairwells. The noise has to be kept down to a minimum between the hours of 21:00 and 10:00.
- No parties are allowed to be held in the property.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the apartment and in the building. A penalty of 500€ will be charged in case the LESSEE smokes in the apartment.
- During the stay the LESSEE must depose the rubbish as indicated by the OWNER on check-in.
- Always fully lock the main door of the rented property using the key, when going out. When a set of keys is lost a penalty of 50€ will be charged, on top of the cost of making a new copy.
- An effort has been made to prepare the rented property for the LESSEE to ensure that the LESSEE feels as relaxed and comfortable as possible during the stay. The LESSEE is obliged to treat the rented property with care so that it is left at the end of the rental just as he/she found it at the beginning.
- On check-out the apartment needs to be left CLEAN. The dishes need to be done, the trash needs to be removed from the apartment, the fridge needs to be emptied, etc. In case the apartment is left behind dirty a cleaning fee can be charged.
In case one of the above house rules is not respected, this will be considered as a serious LESSEE error, which entitles the OWNER to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the LESSEE is obliged to pay to the OWNER an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error (in addition to other eventual costs for indemnification of damages that would be caused to the property by the LESSEE).
The OWNER is under the obligation to deliver the property in a good state of maintenance, clean and with all the appliances working. The OWNER is obliged to deliver an equipped and furnished property, sufficient for the number of persons that will stay in the property. The OWNER must ensure that the utilities (electricity and/or gas, water) and TV distribution are connected and fully operating during the entire duration of this rental agreement.
The OWNER must perform all necessary repairs, except those that fall under the responsibility of the LESSEE. The LESSEE must notify the OWNER immediately of any damages that must be repaired by the OWNER. If the LESSEE fails to do this, damages can be claimed by the OWNER. The OWNER has the right to access the property at all times to check for damages and evaluate the necessary repairs. The OWNER undertakes to perform all repairs and maintenance work that are his responsibility either by law, by local customs or by the provisions in this agreement.
The LESSEE will take out his/her own insurance for his/her personal belongings. The OWNER cannot be held liable for any loss, theft or damages to the personal belongings of the LESSEE.
The LESSEE fully understands and agrees with the role of Global Expatriate Services SL in this agreement. Global Expatriate Services SL merely acts on behalf of the OWNER, as an intermediate, and cannot be held liable for any loss, theft, material damages and physical damages to the LESSEE caused by the use of the apartment in this agreement.
10. Subletting and transfer of the rent
The property cannot entirely or partly be sublet or made available to third parties, nor can the rent be transferred to third parties, without the prior written consent of the OWNER.
11. Applicable law and courts
This agreement is subject to the to the laws of the place where the property is located. In the case of Spanish property this agreement is subject to the Spanish Law, and concretely to the Ley de Arrendamientos Urbanos, article 3.2, which refers to the non-main residence rental agreements and non-touristic temporary rental agreements. In the case of Belgian property this agreement is subject to Belgian law, and concretely to the rent legislation in force at the moment of the signature of this rental agreement.
GLOBEXS acts in this contract on behalf of the owner, as independent intermediary. It has been expressly authorized by the owner to sign this contract on behalf of him, according to the Spanish law, concretely, the art. 1091 and art. 1255 of the Civil Code. The courts of the place where is based the property are competent.