The following house rules apply to all Globexs apartments (except when overruled by the rental contract).
General house rules
- The tenant must be aware that the property is a genuine residence surrounded by neighbors and the rules of the Homeowner’s Association have to be respected. The working norms of the proprietor’s committee for the building, in which the accommodation is located, are to be respected, as well as the proper use of the common elements and fittings of the building. Annoying, unhealthy, harmful, risky, and illegal activities are forbidden. The tenant may not disturb the peace and dwelling in the building and must refrain from activities that may disturb the peace of residents or neighbors.
- The tenant must respect the neighbors by keeping noise levels down, not just in the rented property but also in the stairwells. The noise has to be kept down to a minimum between the hours of 21:00 and 10:00.
- No parties are allowed to be held on the property.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the apartment and the building. A penalty of 500€ will be charged in case the tenant smokes in the apartment.
- During the stay the tenant must depose the rubbish as indicated by the owner or by a Globexs staff member on check-in.
- Always fully lock the main door of the rented property using the key, when going out. When a set of keys is lost a penalty of 250€ will be charged, on top of the cost of making a new copy.
- An effort has been made to prepare the rented property for the tenant to ensure that the tenant feels as relaxed and comfortable as possible during the stay. The tenant is obliged to treat the rented property with care so that it is left at the end of the rental just as he/she found it at the beginning.
- On check-out the apartment needs to be left CLEAN. The dishes need to be done, the trash needs to be removed from the apartment, the fridge needs to be emptied, etc. In case the apartment is left behind dirty a cleaning fee can be charged.
In case one of the above house rules is not respected, this will be considered a serious error, which entitles the owner to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the tenant is obliged to pay to the owner an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error (in addition to other eventual costs for indemnification of damages that would be caused to the property by the tenant).
Use of the property
The Globexs apartments are only intended for use as a temporary housing accommodation. The tenant is not permitted to make it his/her principal or main place of residence unless specific permission is given in writing. The tenant shall immediately notify Globexs by registered letter if his/her principal or main place of residence changes.
It is not permitted to exercise any trade or craft in the property, nor any other profession.
The property cannot entirely or partly be sublet or made available to third parties, nor can the rent be transferred to third parties.
If the tenant fails to meet the obligations stated above about the intended use of the property, the owner will consider this as a serious shortcoming, which entitles the owner to invoke the automatic dissolution of the agreement without prior notice and to charge the sum of a full month’s rent as a penalty to the tenant. Moreover, in that case, the owner is also entitled to claim damages, such as material damage and taxes to which the owner would be bound by the mere fact that the property is rented for a professional purpose or if the property is used as a principal or main place of residence.